Your kids will love giving away these punny playdough valentines to their friends! These valentines are simple to make using playdough of your choice, clear treat bags, and the free PDF printable in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
My kids love playdough, so I made these valentines for them this year! They are great if you are looking for a candy-free option for Valentine’s Day.
These free printable playdough valentines read, “Happy Valentine’s Day! I ‘dough’ not know what I’d do without you!”
What’s Valentine’s Day without a good pun?
For your convenience, I’ve included a printable how-to card at the end of the post with instructions for this project.
You may also love our DIY Vintage Postcard Valentines for Kids.
- Clear 4×9 inch treat bags
- Playdough (you can make your own or use 1-ounce Play-doh brand cans)
- 8.5×11 inch cardstock
- Paper cutter
- Scoring tool (optional)
- Ruler (optional)
- Clear tape (packaging tape works well)
- Pen or marker
- Download the free printable playdough valentines after you subscribe to our email list below:
2. Print your valentines on any color of cardstock you wish. Use a paper cutter to cut them out. Fold each one along the dotted line.
For a clean fold, use a ruler and a scoring tool to score along the dotted lines before folding in half.
Fill out the “to” and “from” fields with a pen or marker. Color in the hearts, if you wish.
3. Place a 1-ounce can of Play-Doh into one of your clear treat bags, or use a heart cookie cutter to shape homemade playdough before placing it in the bag.
4. Fold the top of your treat bag down two or three times and seal the bag closed with clear tape.
5. Place a folded valentine over the top of the folded treat bag and staple it in place in the top two corners. Repeat with your remaining valentines.
6. Enjoy giving your valentines away!
If you enjoy making this craft, I would greatly appreciate a comment or review!
I would love to see your finished valentines! Tag @aberlehome on Instagram and use the hashtag #aberlehome!