We love autumn in our home and everything the change in seasons brings! I am having so much fun planning out some fall crafts for our homeschool this year, and I’m excited to share this awesome list of Pinterest favorites with you!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No matter the ages of your kids, I’m sure you’ll find something in this roundup for you.
Many of these would make beautiful decorations this season, or are practical fall handicrafts to use and enjoy!
Pin for later!
1. Painted Pinecone Turkeys by Live Craft Eat
What’s fall without a good turkey craft? I love the look of these with their painted feathers! I can imagine these on our Thanksgiving table.
2. Pressed Leaf Bookmarks by Aberle Home
These bookmarks are from yours truly. We have made these bookmarks multiple times, and we love how simple and beautiful this craft is to make!
3. Bubble Wrap Print – Autumn Tree by Glued to My Crafts
This craft is perfect for little ones! There is a free download for the tree trunk. I’m sure the template would also work well with daubers, dot markers, or fingerprints too.
4. Woodland Creature No-Carve Pumpkins by Simple as That
Aren’t these pumpkins the cutest?! She has templates to easily cut the felt pieces, and she even has a trick to be able to use the pumpkins year after year.
5. Polymer Clay Leaves by Rhythms of Play
These beautiful polymer clay leaves can be used as gift tags, for wreaths or garlands, or for ornaments to hang on bare branches (she even has an idea to stamp words on them to hang on a thankful tree).
4. Beeswax Leaf Dipping by Our Wildness
For another versatile leaf project, learn how to preserve autumn leaves in beeswax. This family makes these colorful leaves into the loveliest garlands and wall hangings to decorate their home.
7. No-Sew Fleece Tie Blanket by One Crazy Mom
These fleece blankets are simple to make and washable. Perfect to keep in the car for chilly fall outings. Her tutorial makes the process very straightforward.
8. Paper Strip Pumpkin Craft by Balancing Home
Learn how to make these pumpkins out of strips of construction paper! She explains how you could use her same instructions with scrapbook paper and twine!
9. Leaf Animal Collages by Growing a Jeweled Rose
I can’t tell you how much I love these leaf animal collages! Your kids could get so creative with these and craft any animals they want.
10. Autumn Tree Embroidery Pattern by Wandering Threads Embroidery
If you’re looking for an autumn-inspired handicraft, you’ll love this embroidery pattern. It’s beautiful, but not overly complicated with only two stitches. It comes with guidance on how to complete the project.
11. Easy Fall Hand Print Wreath by Today’s Creative Ideas
Your kids can create a wreath out of their own construction paper hand prints! This wreath would also look so cute with big and little hand prints mixed together.
12. Autumn Spice Play Dough by The Imagination Tree
Consider making this scented autumn spice play dough with your younger kids. Collect some natural items from outside to go with it, and then watch your children stay busy playing and learning for a long while!
13. Bark Owls by Fireflies and Mud Pies
I love a good fall nature craft. What fun to be able to gather the materials together on a nature hunt first and then create these little owls! She shares how you could even paint them, if you wish.
14. Cookie Cutter Fall Placemats by Projects with Kids
These placemats would look so inviting on the kids table at Thanksgiving, or they could be used while doing schoolwork in the fall.
15. Beaded Pipe Cleaner Indian Corn by One Little Project
These ears of Indian corn are so adorable and simple enough for kids to make! You might already have the needed supplies on hand.
16. DIY Hand Warmers by Sadie Seasongoods
Here’s a practical sewing project for those crisp fall outings, and simple enough for beginner sewers! They are made out of second-hand flannel shirts (but you could also purchase flannel). Simply microwave a pair to warm them up.
17. Hand-dipped Beeswax Taper Candles by Simple Homeschool
Make these beautiful beeswax candles together as a family to enjoy throughout the season! She shows you how to make them step-by-step.
18. DIY Rolled Beeswax Candles by A Daily Something
Here is another option to make your own candles that’s even a little bit easier than the dipped ones. They are also very beautiful.
19. Mug Cozy Crochet Pattern on Etsy by Zoe Dunn of ChummyMummyDevon
These mug warmers are so cute, and would be perfect project for a child who already knows how to crochet. This pattern can be purchased on Etsy.
20. Fall Leaf Mason Jar Craft by Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
Create these beautiful jars to use with a battery powered tea light candle, for a silk flower arrangement, or for candy!
I hope these projects inspire you to enjoy this fall season creatively with your children!