This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Valentine cookie recipes are, without a doubt, some of the cutest tried and true recipes on the web. Whether you’re looking to bake a quick and easy recipe or a fancy treat to gift, you’ll find something here to try this Valentine’s Day!
My girls and I love baking homemade treats for Valentine’s Day! We’ll have a tea party together, or package up our baked goods to gift.
When I was perusing the web for ideas this year, I came across so many beautiful cookies.
This is a curation of truly special Valentine cookie recipes from various bloggers. Each recipe has good reviews from readers and clear instructions to follow!
I’ve embedded the Pins for these Valentine’s Day cookies so you can easily save your favorites to refer back to when you’re ready to bake.
Valentine Cookie Recipes
1. Valentine Heart Sugar Cookies by Monika Hibbs
Monika’s frosted Valentine cookies are show-stopping! She teaches you exactly how to pipe the soft buttercream icing to get the special look.
2. Raspberry Cream Sandwich Cookies by Curly Girl Kitchen
Heather’s soft-baked vanilla sugar cookies are sandwiched with a fluffy raspberry buttercream. She shares some great tips for keeping sugar cookies from spreading.
3. Chocolate Cut Out Cookies by If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen
Haley’s Chocolate Cut Out Cookies are made with an easy, no-chill sugar cookie dough that won’t spread in the oven.
4. Strawberry Shortbread Cookies by Little Vintage Baking
Ashley’s Strawberry Shortbread Cookies are buttery and tender. A sprinkle of crushed freeze-dried strawberries takes them over the top.
5. 20 Minutes Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies by Frosting & Fettuccine
Sam’s Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies would make the perfect Valentine’s Day cookie! They are beautifully shiny and indulgent, and super easy to make. They require no chill time.
6. Love Letter Butter Cookies by Handmade Farmhouse
Emily shares how she turns her buttery shortbread into the cutest love letter cookies! This Valentine cookie recipe is super simple, and what a cute gift these would make!
7. White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies by The Jam Jar Kitchen
Freeze dried raspberries and white chocolate chips are the stars of Elizabeth’s cookies! The colors and flavors in these cookies are just right for Valentine’s day.
8. Thumbprint Heart Cookies by Fraîche Living
Tori shows you how to make these charming heart-shaped thumbprint cookies–and you can use your favorite jam for the filling!
9. Gluten-Free Vegan Sugar Cookies with Marble Icing by Healthy Little Vittles
Gina’s gorgeous Gluten-Free Vegan Sugar Cookies with Marble Icing look complicated, but they are actually really simple to make.
10. Conversation Heart Candy Valentine’s Day Cookies by Sally’s Baking Recipes
These festive Conversation Heart sugar cookies are soft, thick, and decorated with royal icing. Sally’s detailed step-by-step tutorial will help you make these successfully!
11. Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Macarons by Cloudy Kitchen
I know I can always count on Erin’s rigorously tested recipes, and her Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Macarons are no exception. These cookies are filled with a dark chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream and a raspberry jam filling.
12. The Easiest Strawberry Madeleine Cookies by By Lauren Cermak
Lauren’s elegant Strawberry Madeleine Cookies would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. Her instructions will help you to achieve that signature hump and light texture that madeleine cookies should have.
14. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies by Sweets by Elise
Elise’s Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are another super simple cookie. With crackly tops and deep red color, they would be quite impressive as a Valentine cookie.
15. Raspberry Lemon Cookies by The Baker Chick
Audra shares instructions for the loveliest “ombre” raspberry cream cheese icing for these lemon-flavored cookies. No food coloring is required, and the flavor combination is perfection!
16. Mini Heart-Shaped Sugar Cookies by Sugar and Charm
Eden’s Mini Heart-Shaped cookies are absolutely adorable packed up as a little gift for Valentine’s Day! These bite-sized cookies taste so buttery, and have the perfect “snap” when you bite into them.
17. Chocolate Espresso Linzer Cookies by Sloane’s Table
Sloane’s Chocolate Espresso Linzer Cookies are a romantic take on the usual Linzer cookie. The cookies are delicate, buttery, and crisp with a decadent chocolate ganache filling.